It is a strong tradition and strategy at AIC, regardless of the study program, that students are constantly assessed by various tests and exams or courseworks. All these assessments are directed towards providing feedback to the students themselves and their teachers so that they can recognize their strength as well as weak points.
In this way, students and teachers can find solutions for the problems and plan for academic developments. Any gap in knowledge will be dealt with in the right time and right manner. The assessment objectives and methods are generally unified for all subjects.
In any assessment during the course of study, in general, AIC students should be able to demonstrate knowledge with understanding in relation to:
- scientific phenomena, definitions, concepts, and theories.
- scientific vocabulary and terminology.
- scientific instruments and apparatus.
- scientific quantities and their determination.
- scientific and technological applications.
- explanations for phenomena, patterns and their relationships.
- locate, select and present information from various sources.
- handle information from a written or verbal passage.
- understand numerical and graphical data.
- analyse information to identify patterns, trends and hypotheses.
- build arguments to support or rule out hypotheses.
- evaluate information and hypotheses.
- plan investigations.
- use techniques, apparatus and materials.
- make and record observations and measurements.
- evaluate observations and experimental results.
What is APT (Avicenna Placement Test)?Before joining Avicenna International College, you will sit for APT which is an online test. After APT, you may be invited for a personal interview at one of the Representative Offices of AIC in your country. If this is not possible, then you will be interviewed via Skype or Zoom.