Application Requirements and Procedures
International students who wish to continue their studies at the Corvinus University, will need to follow the steps mentioned here. The Admission Department (AD) in Budapest is always ready to answer any questions and help the applicants, parents and consultants to ensure that your experience is joyful and free from stress. Please raise your questions by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call WhatsApp at: 0036-30-426-43-77.
- Complete the AIC Application Form and submit it online.
- Applicant uploads the required documents.
- Applicant pays 50 Euro Application Fee and sends the payment receipt to email@example.com
- Applicant receives the Admission Letter and the Student Contract via email. A copy goes to the Consultant and the regional AIC office.
- Applicant signs the Student Contract and sends it back to Admission Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant participates in the Avicenna Placement Test (APT) which is an online test followed by an interview to measure the abilities of the applicant. APT takes place within two weeks after the submission of the application form.
- Applicant transfers the Parental Tuition Contribution Fee and other applicable fees (according to the Admission Letter) to the bank account of AIC and sends the payment receipt to email@example.com
- Applicant mails the authentic translation or authentic copy of the required documents to the Admission Department and sends a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant receives the Official Support Letter for visa from AIC (AIC 02 Form).
- The Admission Department will help the applicant and arrange for the Schengen visa appointment.
- Applicant participates in the online pre-college training courses free of charge.
- Applicant receives and studies the material in preparation for the visa application and college studies in English.
- Admission Department and the regional offices of AIC help the applicant in arrangements for the travel to Budapest.
- Applicant prepares for the arrival and settlement in Budapest.
Social and Cultural Program (inside and outside Budapest)
AIC has unique, strong and colorful social and cultural programs for its international students. These programs are carefully designed in order to help the students adapt to their new home and get close to the European and Hungarian culture. During these activities learning objectives are considered by our teachers and guides.
Below is the list of some of these activities which are detailed in our cultural activities brochure.
- Heroes’ Square (Hősök tere)
- Hungarian State Opera House
- St. Stephen’s Basilica
- Buda Castle
- Matthias Church
- Fisherman’s Bastion
- Margaret Island (Margitsziget)
- Budapest Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Money Museum in the formal Postal Palace
- Római Lido
Trips and Excursions out of Budapest:
Sport activities are organized by AIC. We use the facilities of the Public Administration University and Orczy Park facilities. Other sport locations are also used by our PE teachers.
Hungarian Schengen Visa and Residence Permit
Students who apply from outside the European Union may need a visa to come to Hungary. The Admission Department will provide consultation and assistance with the visa and residence permit application. AIC will provide all the necessary documents in this respect. It is the responsibility of the applicants to prepare all necessary documents for visa and residence permit.
AIC Extra Services
1- Avicenna Distant Education
AIC started developing its online distant educational system long before the outbreak of the pandemic. AIC presently offers online classes for special programs.
We continue investing in distant education and developing online materials to make it available free of charge to all AIC students.
2- Airport Pick up
Avicenna International College cares for the comfort of all its students especially after a long international travel. Upon arrival at Budapest airport (called Liszt Ferenc International Airport or Ferihegy), the representatives of AIC will meet and greet the students and accompany them to the residence of Avicenna, otherwise known as CINKOTA RESIDENCE.
3- Hotel reservations
Students will be accommodated in the Cinkota Residence, newly renovated and fully furnished 3-star hotel. Students receive breakfast in the mornings. Accommodation is situated near the sport and recreation centers in the 16th district of Budapest.
4- Restaurant (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Avicenna International College operates a restaurant for the benefit of students and staff. The main purpose is to provide students with a warm, healthy, tasty and nourishing meal meeting the highest standards.
The other goal is to help students have their lunch inside the premises. Students of AIC, other colleges, and universities can enjoy the quality menu and dishes offered by AIC Restaurant.
Breakfast, hot sandwiches, warm lunch, and dinner are served on weekdays. Students can order their dinner to be delivered to their homes.
5- Medical Insurance
Avicenna International College pays special attention and care to the health and well-being of its students. It is our wish that none of our students ever suffer from an illness or an accident that needs medical care. However, it is our duty to take the necessary precautions and get ready for such unpleasant and unwanted circumstances. Therefore, a valid medical/accident insurance is mandatory for all AIC students.
Avicenna International College provides all students with an insurance package covered by “Generali Insurance”.
6- Books and Educational Materials
AIC is dedicated to providing the best education to its students. Although there are many excellent books in the market and AIC uses many of these books, we have decided to compile our own books too. These books and educational material, especially for medical students, are written in a simple and straight language to meet the needs of our students and focus on the core material of our high school programmes. Many students get financial support for their books too.